Tuesday, October 10


Here in Northern California, the leaves are just starting to curl on the ends and change colours. The nights are getting cooler and the long summer days are becoming shorter. Summer is done, and Fall is here, so I used this as my inspiration to create this fall coloured Thankfulness card. 

Ruby Rock-It are partnering with Ranger at the moment for some product swaps, and we have been working with the Tim Holtz Distress ink minis.  I have used them in a couple of ways on this card. 


  I started with a simple white card base from the Franchville card sets. I used Ranger Gathered Twig distress ink along with a Ranger blending tool to add brown around the edge of the card. When applying ink in this way, use a circular motion, starting off the edge of the project to avoid harsh edges. Next I layered some Rusty Hinge distress ink, then Tumbled glass distress ink, and finally some bold areas of Broken China distress ink.


 Next, I sprayed some water across the card with a mini mister, to "activate" the ink, and heat set it. This created the bleaching water drop effect you see in the corner. Once dry, I applied a spray of Distress Spray Stain in Pumice Stone. I aimed fairly closely to get some big droplets, then again heat set. 


To keep the focus on the inked background, I kept my embellishments simple. I first added the Bella! Bling Accent Flourish across the bottom of the card. I then went back to my Broken China distress ink, and coloured a large white Bella! floral to match my background. The paper flower took the ink really well. Just be sure to apply the ink to both layers of the flower, both front and back. I combined this with some white and yellow florals. 

I tucked white mesh and hessian twine into the cluster for texture, before finally adding a simple see through sentiment sticker.


Supplies used:

Ranger distress inks: Gathered Twig, Rusty Hinge, Tumbled Glass, Broken China
Ranger Distress Spray Stain: Pumice Stone



1 comment:

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!