Friday, October 13

Colours of fall cards with Ruby Rock-It


Fall is in full swing here in Northern California which inspired me to create these cards in bright fall colours using Ranger mini inks and Francheville cards sets.


To start with, I used the Bella ! Champagne Bubbles clear stamp with Ranger Victorian Velvet Distress paint on the background and then heat set. I then applied Ranger distress ink all over the cards in a circular motion using the mini blending tool. I used a combination of pinks, purples, yellow and browns to create this effect. I then used a mini mister to spray water across the card which had a bleaching effect on the Distress ink.


For this card I used a Fundamentals doily, then a piece of patterned paper from the Faded Empire collection. (great way to use scraps from former projects). I used the same inks to colour my Sentiment Topper, and finished with some Bella! florals and some Droplets.


For the second card I used the same formula with a little more yellow in the mix. I used the same combination of embellishments, but turned my card to the side and created a cascading cluster from the top corner. 




Francheville card set

Ranger Distress ink: Spun Sugar, Pickled Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Milled Lavender, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves, Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs.


No comments: